8 February 2010

Yellows
There are very few yellows, compare the number of yellows to the number of blues or greens.... only 15 yellows!
Amber,  Yellow OchreGamboge, Topaz, Mustard,  - the dark yellows
Canary yellow,  Chrome yellow,  Golden,  Jonquil, Maize, Sunflower,  
Lemon; - the slightly greenish cool yellow
Cream, Naples Yellow,  - the whitish yellows
Saffron - the orange yellows
 
Cream
It's a tentative colour, barely there and difficult to use in decorating well. 
Arles
Add black to yellow and what have you got - GREEN!! 

3 comments:

  1. Annie - I love everything about you. You and your paint inspire me to keep reaching out creatively. I am a new stockist in McKinney Texas and the paint is literally flowing out the door! Keep up the great work! Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative and nice post. Your colours are inspirational and makes me think more creatively to make them part of my paintings. You give me more ideas of blending colours.

    ReplyDelete